This policy applies to you if you use our services directly, over the phone, via whatsapp, online or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”). This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by us
WHO WE ARE
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we’re generally referring to the legal entity that makes up LuxChartersIbiza. For the purposes of EU 2016/679, art. 13/14, alias General Data Protection Regulation, Lux Charters Ibiza is owned by Teal Pepper Group SL B16524357 with registered office at c/ Lucio Oculacio 10, Ibiza, 07800, Spain and is the Data Controller of your data.
WHAT SORT OF INFORMATION DO WE HOLD
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, postal address, email, passport details, date of birth, telephone number and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, instant message or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the Services that we provide to you (including for example, the bookings we have organised for you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and Services, and so on);
- When making a booking we will need to collect information from you which is necessary to process your booking. This includes, but is not limited to your information taken from identification documents such as your passport, boat license; details about additional members of your party; if necessary any insurance or medical history such as an allergy to nuts.
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication, to ensure our communications are useful.
- If applicable, any identifiable information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our Services.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The information we collect may be used to:
- Process your bookings/orders;
- Improve and make available our services;
- Manage payment from you or give you a refund via our 3rd party banking partner;
- For statistical analysis;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer,
- Find ways to improve our Services and website;
- Contact you about related services and information;
- Personalise your online experience, for example by understanding how you use our website to provide you with personalised offers and ideas;
- Provide you with online advertising
- We may use remarketing to advertise our company via Google and other third-parties, on other websites that you visit after visiting our website. You can opt out of this remarketing campaign through the Google Ads Settings page
- Our website uses certain apps and services for verification such as reCAPTCHA, whereby certain data may be passed during the use of this app.
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS
We work with partners, suppliers, sometimes marketing or other agencies who may need to process your personal information on our behalf, but only when there is Legitimate Interest.
We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you.
For example, we do not process payments or see any financial details such as client credit cards. These are processed under SSL by a reputable third party connected to our bank.
We may place advertising online, about our products and services. As a result, if you have indicated you are happy to receive marketing from us, you might see online advertising that we have placed on the websites you visit, or the interactive services you use.
OUR CHARTER PARTNERS
We will only share your personal information with boat charter partners and associated suppliers, we do business with, if there is Legitimate Interest and it is required for the purpose of fulfilling your booking. For example, at the time of reserving your charter, we pass on your relevant information to the boat owner or operator in order to process your booking.
OTHER ORGANISATIONS AND INDIVIDUALS
We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
- If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or Guardia Civil;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and Services; or
- In response to legal requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their rights or the rights of others.
- If we’re discussing selling or transferring a portion of the business, we may share information about you to prospective purchasers – but only so they can evaluate our business;
- If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer information we hold about you to them so they can continue to provide the Services to you;
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
THIRD PARTY RESOURCES
Google Analytics (Google Inc.) for Analytics operations
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of LUX CHARTERS IBIZA, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
AdWords Remarketing (Google Inc.) for Remarketing and ad based activities
AdWords Remarketing is a remarketing and behavioral targeting service provided by Google Inc. that connects the activity of LUX CHARTERS IBIZA with the Adwords advertising network and the Doubleclick Cookie.
Google reCAPTCHA (Google Inc.)
Google reCAPTCHA is a SPAM protection service provided by Google Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
KEEPING YOU INFORMED
From time to time we would like to tell you about our charter boats, offers, ideas and services that we think you might be interested in. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message, online, using social media, push notifications via apps, or by any other electronic means.
We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to, but we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so by sending us an email to [email protected]
You also have the opportunity to opt-out of any marketing email communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the sent emails. Or by sending an email with your request to [email protected]
DATA TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EEA
The laws in these countries may not provide you with the same protection as in the EEA; however, any third party referred to above outside of the EEA has agreed to abide by European levels of data protection in respect of the transfer, processing and storage of any personal data. By providing your data to us, you agree to this transfer and storage. However, we will ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to protect your data in accordance with this privacy notice.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the EEA. As the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and for our Legitimate Interests in managing and running Lux Charters Ibiza. We will review your personal data every 3 years to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data but will retain your personal data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. compliance with tax requirements and exemptions, and the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
We are prepared to address any requests made by our clients related to their expanded individual rights under the GDPR including:
- Right to be forgotten: You may terminate your account at any time, in which case we will permanently delete your account and all data associated with it.
- Right to object: You may opt out of inclusion, to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed. You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
- Right to rectification: You may contact us at any time to access, update, correct, amend or delete any personal data that we hold about you.
- Right of access: You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge.
- Right of portability: We will transfer your personal data to yourself or to a third party at any time upon your request.
- Transparency: You may contact [email protected] to request be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information if we no longer have a Legitimate Interest.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS
When using our website, you may be able to share information through social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, Trip Advisor and Pinterest. For example when you ‘like’, ‘share’ or review our Services. When doing this, your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks and their other users. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- limiting access to our alarmed building to those who are entitled to be there
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: [email protected]
By post: Data Protection Officer, Lux Charters Ibiza, c/Lucio Oculacio no 10, Ibiza, 07800 Spain
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (Agencia Española de Protección de Datos). Go to www.agpd.es to find out more.